Instant Greenscene Landscapings information for landscaping projects in Brisbane
Landscaping a new house or existing property in Brisbane’s suburbs presents unique requirements. New communities such as North Lakes, and Warner Lakes are notorious for small block sizes, which can impact on landscape access. Brisbane’s high rainfall over the last few years have highlighted many overlooked landscape drainage issues. Please view our list of common landscape oversights.
As Professional Landscapers, Instant Greenscene landscaping recommend considering:
- Landscape access – whether you require soft or structural landscaping, Brisbane is notorious for its shrinking size of residential blocks. Consider completing landscaping works (where possible) prior to being built in by surrounding properties. Good access for equipment can be a big cost saver.
- Quality vs Price – The cheapest landscape materials may be the most costly in the long run. A timber retaining wall for example may be far cheaper than a block wall, however has a shorter service life expectancy. Additional costs would also be incurred in removing a failed or deteriorated retaining wall.
- Consider structural landscaping and sub surface landscaping requirements before commencing aesthetic landscape finishes. Complete retaining walls, drainage, paving before moving on to the soft landscapes of lawns and gardens.
- Never overlook the importance of landscape drainage. Poor drainage is not only an inconvenience to live with, but also risks structural damages to your property. Adding landscape drainage to a completed property is not only more expensive but may have a large impact on landscape works already completed.
- Retaining walls need drainage too. Even a well built retaining wall can be undermined by inadequate drainage.
- Work from the back to the Front. Completing front yard landscaping first may give you that wow – street appeal factor, but will be compromised when access is required for backyard landscaping.
- Consider your requirements. Consider whether you want soft areas such as lawn or hard areas such as paving or decks. How much time you have to maintain your landscape may affect your decision as may the requirements of a young family.
- Consider your landscape product- Both soft and hard landscape products vary greatly on many levels, lawns vary in there maintenance requirements as do blocks and pavers. Lighter colours can make an area appear larger, while darker colours require less cleaning.
Instant Greenscene Landscaping are qualified,BSA licensed landscape and irrigation contractors servicing courtyard to commercial landscape requirements Between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Visit our website or contact us through our websites contact us page further landscape assistance.