Under Permanent Water Conservation Measures, you can water your garden and lawn with an efficient hose, sprinkler, or irrigation system – but not from 10am to 4pm or on Mondays.
|Watering your garden and lawn with town water|
|Hose||Only use with a trigger or twist nozzle|
|Irrigation systems (drippers, micro-sprayers, pop-up sprinklers, drip lines)||Use only:|
Use other equipment if approved by a certified irrigation professional
|Buckets and watering cans||Use at anytime|
- ensure soil is dry enough to warrant watering (so no need to water after rainfall)
- stop water from falling on buildings or hard surfaces
- don’t water in windy conditions
- mulch gardens to reduce evaporation
- calculate garden water needs
- don’t allow water to pond, pool or run off.